Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2016

THE BIG NOPE

2016

Lots of people are declaring a WORD for 2016.

Joy
Hope
Resolve
Enough
Blessed
Wild
Patient
Love
Grow

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.

My word for 2016 - NOPE.  Which is funny. Because I actually think it's kind of cool to apply a certain theme to your life.  It's there to help keep you on track. I admire those who attempt such a thing and I'm about to join the ranks.

NOPE.  It might seem like a negative word, but for me it's not.  Here's why.

In 2016...

Am I going to get worked up as much? NOPE

Am I going to worry as much? NOPE

Am I going to take things personally as much? NOPE

Am I going to be depressed as much? NOPE

Am I going to be self centered as much? NOPE.

Am I going to over extend my self as much? NOPE (and how do I do that? By saying NOPE more often).

Am I going to care as much? YES.

Am I going to love as much? YES.

Am I going to enjoy as much? YES.

Am I going to sit around as much? NOPE.

So where did all this start?  It started with a shirt.  I found this shirt while on a mini get away over New Year's with the hubbs.  He would have much preferred if the shirt said, "Yes, Sir!" but it doesn't. :)

I LOVE THIS SHIRT!!  It's comfy, It's cute, It's SPARKLY, It's sarcastic.  It's pretty much ME.

Now, I'd love to tell you that I didn't get all gussied up to take this one shot for this blog post, but I can't.  It was actually an entire ordeal I blogged about in THE SELFIE SAGA.  Check it out.  Give your little selfie a little smile.

So as we get deeper and deeper into 2016.  Here's to saying NOPE way more often so I can say YES to so much more!



1 comment:

  1. I love it Andrea, I am going to practice the word nope this year as well. love you, your cousin Jessica.💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete