Pages

Friday, March 24, 2017

A Story in Itself

So how did I even come to realize my AHa! moment?  Well, that's a story in itself - and I'm going to have to be brave to share it with you.

I'm going to have to be brave because I'm afraid that if I accurately share the details in this story some people may question both my previous and future motives and intentions.  I don't usually care what people think; however, letting my mind ASSUME what people COULD think of me (especially if I assume they MIGHT misinterpret my motives and intentions) can be extremely crippling.

If you want to see me lose my stuff, simply imply that I have questionable motives.  You will see someone who is easily enraged over the injustices of your opinion against my wholly righteous and noble actions.  I will become supremely, aggressively defensive and the likelihood becomes very great of you witnessing.......my ugly cry.

I HATE to ugly cry.

You know the situation has completely spiraled out of control when you see the ugly cry.

Nothing good ever comes out of the ugly cry.

EVER. Just realize YOU have crossed the line, do us both a favor, and walk away. Quickly.

BUT.  I'm deciding to be brave.  And just like "pain is pain" and "hard is hard" no matter what the situation, "Brave is BRAVE."  You may read my story and think I was being childish and silly for being afraid of sharing it (we can only hope it's that insignificant), but for some reason, I can't hardly even type it. And for what?

Just this week, my husband and I took our four kids to an amusement park. Our oldest daughter (almost 13) was in every line for every ride - the higher, the faster, the loopier, the better.  Our oldest son (11) was only in line for every ride he was comfortable with - the most predictable ones.  In an attempt to put him at ease, the hubbs began pontificating on the mathematical odds of him being hurt on an amusement park ride: "Say 25 people can ride it at once, and the ride is only 3 min long.  That means in one half hour, 250 people can ride it, so 500 people can ride this ride in one hour. The park is open from 9am to 6pm, that's 9 hours, so (asking the 11 year old to answer the equations as he goes) that means 4,500 people can ride this ride in one day.  So, approximately 135,000 people ride this ride in one month. This park is open for 10 months a year, meaning over ONE AND A QUARTER MILLION people get in line for this ride every year - and no one gets hurt. So logically, you should understand that even though you are scared, you KNOW in your brain you will be safe, so it's OK to ride even when you are scared. Right?"

So, here I am sharing this story with a group of people whom I trust and I just keep thinking, "...So logically, you should understand that even though you are scared, you KNOW in your brain you will be safe, so it's OK to {share} even when you are scared. Right?"


Did my kid get on the roller coaster with the 81 degree drop? Nope.


Am I going to stop stalling and tell my story? Yes.

It's time to be brave.












No comments:

Post a Comment