Pages

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Hello, Spring Break!

Hello, my lovelies!


Guess WHAT?!  It's SPRING BREAK!!!


I'll be taking my time - going OFF GRID (literally to a cabin in the woods by a large body of water with a generator and a well pump with limited cell signal and no wifi).  Books, food, birds, trees, breezes, card games, giggles, naps - GLORIOUS.

I pray you are able to have a few relaxing moments as well over the next week.  Even if it's just a hot bath during naptime.  Here are some specifics I'd like you to ponder and even start writing about.

1. YOU ARE AWESOME!  You are awesome because God made you IN HIS IMAGE.  During our get-to-know you game, many of you told us what makes you feel awesome.  Maybe it was teaching, or parenting, or helping people.  I need you to think of ONE TIME in your life where you knew - THIS is what God created me to do, I was MADE for this.  It might have happened in college, at home, at work, in church, in an emergency situation, or during a vacation. The basic events and details leading up to and resolving from that moment will be the first story I want you to write.  Start outlining it now.  The hardest part might actually be being able to recognize that moment you are even looking for.  Take your time, ponder and pray about it.  He will reveal it to you!


2. GOD IS AWESOME!  Because we are made in HIS image - what part of GOD's character (give it a name) was in you for you to be AWESOME?  I shared that I identified with God the CREATOR. Maybe yours is healer, loyal friend, warrior, peacemaker, parent, prophet, teacher - the list goes on and on.  I not only want you to name it, but find in scripture where we learn about this characteristic of God (list book, chapter, verse). Soak in the scriptures.  Maybe you already know a story about God that you relate to, maybe you haven't a clue!  This is where our networking group can become so important.  None of us thinks we have it all figured out, ask questions!  Our goal is to not only get to know ourselves, but each other and ultimately God, Himself!

To recap...

1. Think of one life event to share with the group where you knew "I WAS MADE FOR THIS!" Tell us the STORY, give us details!

2. Name what part of God's character was IN YOU to make that event possible and tell us where the bible teaches us about this characteristic of God.

This is your first REAL ASSIGNMENT!!

God speed!

No comments:

Post a Comment